The City of Hayward is hosting a public workshop about changes to it’s Rent Stabilization Ordinance on Saturday, April 6. The event will be from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Glad Tidings International Church at 1027 W. Tennyson Road. According to City Staff, there will not be formal presentations but rather booths with information about new tenant protection policies including:
● Landlord-Tenant Mediation and Binding Arbitration Program
● Tenant Relocation Assistance
● Tenant Retaliation Protections
● Filing of Rent Increase and Eviction Notices
● Elimination of Vacancy Decontrol
Currently, the City of Hayward does not plan on reaching out specifically to property owners or managers regarding these policies. Attending this workshop is a chance for all stakeholders to weigh in on how these policies may impact rental housing. If you or your clients own or manage rental property in Hayward, please attend this workshop.